Proactive Dental Techniques
At Storybook Dental, we offer a wide range of prevention services that work to stop dental problems before they develop. By pinpointing issues and working to correct them in advance, parents can help their children avoid more intense dental care. Through prevention services, Storybook dental strives to reduce the costs, time, and trauma that often come with serious issues.
Children of all ages should receive complete dental exams every six months to help pinpoint issues and work to correct them in advance.
Our team of professionals offer the following prevention options:
- X-ray Imaging – by providing children with x-rays, we can not only recognize developing cavities, but also get a good grasp on the way that the bite is forming over time. Through regular x-rays, we can help you understand the steps necessary to give your child the best, healthiest smile.
- Intra-oral Photography – Using the best in modern technology, we take inter-oral photos of your child’s teeth, giving us a complete overview of their teeth and bite. Since we use tiny pen-size cameras, the process is simple and painless.
- Caries Risk Assessment – Our risk assessment tools help us to understand where children may experience problems in the future and what those issues may be. By recognizing areas of concern, we can look to take preventative steps to eliminate the problems in advance.
- Diet Counseling – The foods that children eat play a large role in their dental health. We seek to help parents and children alike understand the role that diet plays on their teeth and will work to develop meal plans that provide a healthier smile.
- Oral Hygiene Instructions – Simply running a toothbrush across one’s teeth isn’t guaranteed to remove the plaque and food that collect throughout the day; however, that it exactly what many children do. Here at Storybook Dental, we watch your child brush their teeth, then work to provide new techniques and suggestions that will keep teeth clean and cavity-free.
- Pit and Fissure Sealants – Some children develop teeth that naturally have pits and fissures in them. While this isn’t an immediate issue, these areas are almost impossible to reach with a toothbrush and can develop cavities if left untreated. We work to eliminate the concern by sealing them to keep food and plaque out of the area.
- Fluoride Treatment – We offer a fluoride treatment that will help to strengthen the enamel on your child’s teeth while also reducing the bacteria that cause cavities.
- Detailed Follow-up Plans – Our team will provide you with a detailed plan that you can follow between visits to our office. This plan offers simple suggestions that are specific to your child.
Through our complete exams, you can rest assured that developing dental issues will be pinpointed and treated before they are given time to become more serious, and also receive the necessary counseling to keep your child’s teeth healthy. Contact us today to set up a preventative appointment for your child. You won’t regret helping your child keep a healthy smile!